Harvest abundance to you all and green greetings
My shelves are glowing and groaning with the weight of all the new preparations – vinegars, tinctures, honeys, and oils. (The pestos are in the fridge and the wines are in the cellar.)
I trust you are adding to your stores as well, remedies both old and new. Experiment!
Make something you’ve never tried before. Some of the new remedies we made this year include: Self-heal (Prunella vulgaris) vinegar, which turned an amazing rosy red and is surprisingly flavorful. Tulsi (sacred basil) honey, ready to use as an instant tea to ward off colds this winter. Creeping Jenny (Glechoma hederacea) wine, which smelled so good when we were bottling it that I can hardly wait until winter solstice to open the first bottle.
I will be traveling in the coming months to California, North Carolina, Toronto, Costa Rica, and Florida. Join me if you can. If you can’t, join me on the radio. Many years ago my mentor Jean Houston advised me to host my own radio show. Following her advice, I now host five radio shows (and a chat). Listen in at these sites:
• Pat Lynch’s Womens Radio – weekly half-hour interview show – Women Making Change (These show are archived at Wise Woman Radio)
• HealthyLife.net – monthly one-hour show on herbs and health – Green Blessings (first Monday)
• BlogTalkRadio – weekly two hour show – question and answer on herbs and health (Tuesday eve)
• MainStreet blogtalk – weekly half-hour show on magical plants – Green Magic, Green Medicine
• TimeMonkRadio – weekly half-hour show on herbal and health topics -- The Susun Weed Show
• Enchanted Forrest – third Monday of the month, open chat focused on one herb.
All the photos in our gallery this week were taken by my daughter Justine, who has a very fine eye for the detail and design of the plants. Enjoy!