Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
We get far more nutrition from cooked tomatoes than from raw ones, and more pleasure too. Extra virgin olive oil and garlic reduce cholesterol.
* Lay about a pound of cherry tomatoes on a lipped cookie sheet.
* Thinly slice 4-5 cloves of garlic and spread over tomatoes.
* Drizzle with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
* Lay several springs of your favorite aromatic herb on top – thyme, basil, rosemary, oregano.
* Put this lovely mélange into a very slow oven – 250F – and bake for 2 ½ hours.
* Serve warm with green salad, goat cheese, and crusty bread.